Thursday, September 6, 2012

Anonymity

I figured with nearly 3 million people in the city and 10 million people in the metro area, it would be unlikely to randomly run across people I know.

On Tuesday...  a former student who was in a club I advised started teaching in a classroom a few doors down the hall from me. 

On Wednesday...  a former student got on the train as I was heading home.  He is now working and going to school in the city.

On Thursday...  a girl on the bus asked where I taught.  After I told her she said her coach, who dropped her off at the bus stop when I got on, thought it was me.  I asked what her coach's name was and it turns out the coach had a been a student in one of my classes a few years ago.

Who from my past will I encounter tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment